Tuesday, October 04, 2016

MindLoveMisery’s Menagerie

Posted Tuesday October 4





Darkness followed her every move; despair her legacy. Those that befriended her were left grief-stricken. To trust was an expensive yet unforeseen error. She came, she stayed a while, then moved onto torment torture and hustle another unwary community.

I could have warned the unsuspecting had I known her next destination. I knew a little about her; not much but sufficient to put myself and those around me on guard.

For late one night, unbeknown to her I watched as she frolicked across the green meadow to be greeted by an ugly horde that held her aloft. They carried her to the pond then disappeared as one below the still black water; the very water in which several drowned in generations past. A place we all avoided. As they disappeared below the surface not so much as ripple acknowledged their presence.

When I told the villagers of my sighting they mocked me. When I insisted my tale was true, some doubted my sanity. For they knew that in my naivety, I once fell foul of her wickedness in a way which changed my nature and made me the wretched person I am today.

But believe me, please. Be aware, be vigilant. Be safe. Please.



My story was inspired by this weeks photo-challenge at MindLoveMisery’s Menagerie



.

2 comments: