Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Sunday Whirl

Posted Sunday April 10


We get Sundays off at the A-Z Challenge. So whilst most of the other 1900 or so participants were putting their feet up, I was busily writing something for The Sunday Whirl!

The given words are:- surface, last, flow, used, talk, us, stands, hope, circle, end, drips and  tales






I don't know what's happening to me. Why is it happening to me? Words used to flow from my mind in an endless stream. Now they are buried somewhere deep below the surface. Do you remember that club where every Monday we sat in a circle and talk for hours on end? Or was it Tuesdays? We told each other tales. We did; didn't we? Yes, I recall the last time. I can see myself standing in the centre and reciting a silly poem. That was me, wasn't it? Or was it Gerald?

It's Monday tomorrow; I think. I hope it is because we do something special on Mondays. Don't we? Or is it Tuesdays?




At midnight tonight, I will post my story for Day 9 of the A-Z Challenge. It will be based on the letter 'I' , and as per my chosen theme, it will include some words that have fallen into disuse.

You can check out my A-Z posts thus far  by clicking  on a highlighted letter!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U W X Y Z



.

20 comments:

  1. I have no idea how you manage to take that many words and come up with something that is not only plausible but makes for good reading. This tale rings all to familiar for those whose mind/memory is failing and what was so clear not long ago is now lost in the fog of confusion. Well done.
    Josie
    from Josie's Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josie, my favourite prompt sites are the multi letter ones such as this and Whirligig. Now, what was I saying?!

      Delete
  2. in a about 100 words post you managed to use 12 prompt words, great, the post is beautiful. congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday Whirl is great fun to do. Thanks so much

      Delete
  3. Have the visitors been - it happens to the very best of us - and still produces a cracking story ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a bit too familiar for me. LoL Well-penned! I'm glad you found a home at the Whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beginning is too close to comfort for me ... and tomorrow is Monday ... Bastet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the zany vagueness of this - the older I get, the less I know what day it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! One day seems to blend into another

      Delete
  7. This actually had me double-checking.....thinking about what day it was actually going to be tomorrow. Uh-oh :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the befuddled spill of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a bit younger than me Keith but I regret to say that malady you are afflicted with is the forgetfulness of old age. Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that OE, I just hope the club has a decent bar!

      Delete