Thursday, January 04, 2018

.

Post 1601. Thursday January 4


I came across this piece when I was reading back through my blog this morning. I wrote it eleven years ago. My, how time flies!



Exactly one year ago I set up this blog which was odd because to me folk who used computers as a hobby rather than for work were anoraks, nerds!

It started when I decided not to send holiday postcards but instead, keep a diary and once home, type them out, add some snaps and distribute them.

They went down well, and someone suggested I publish them on one of those bloggy things, then one thing led to another and before long I found myself making stories up.

Now like bloggers the world over, I think in prose and every situation in which I find myself becomes an essay in my mind, carrying me away into a world of words, sentences and paragraphs; I’ve become a nerd!

My first tales were pretty poor and all my efforts during the first couple of months have long since been deleted, but one year on, I am still tapping away on my keyboard at every opportunity and my sleeping hours get shorter and shorter.

So what will the next year bring, will I still be blogging in January 2007; who knows?



This week's cue at Six Sentence Stories is Start

.

24 comments:

  1. Oh it's great to find pieces from so long ago, and we say things never change, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess no one enjoys one's old blog posts better than the blogger who wrote them. I am guilty as charged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had an auspicious start and an even better continuance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Denise said! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice trip down Memory Lane! Congratulations on finding such a wonderful place to be, and loving it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "Unknown" above is me, Deborah Lee from 99 Monkeys. No idea why, but it insists on using my daughter's Google profile and won't let me post my own. I use computers all day long but they can still trip me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Computers like playing around with us sometimes!

      Delete
  7. It's really nice when you find a written piece from long ago. A lovely nostalgic trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If not hysterical, historical for sure. I did not see that six coming, but in hindsight I could have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my usual pack of six! Normal service will be resumed next week. Cheers!

      Delete
  9. very cool.
    (I was of similar mind in my pre-blogging days. I was, all, like, 'so who the hell thinks learning what I had for breakfast is earth-shattering enough to type and publish on the internet? But then, the Wakefield Doctrine exerted itself and I had a reason to type and publish on the internet. The rest of this is my trying to learn to write! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...a similar journey it seems! The only word I didn't use in my piece was 'addictive'!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing and how great is that you can dig into the archives and pull something out of the old "hat" and make it work for a 6.
    Funny how we set out on a journey satsified just to begin until one day you realize you don't know what you'd be doing if you never started (blogging, that is) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I feel. I can't see myself giving up just yet!

      Delete
  11. Geez! And I feel like three and a half years is a looooong time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where does the time go? Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  12. You have come a long way and have a fan in India.
    Good start
    and a lovely story

    ReplyDelete