Friday, December 22, 2017

.




Yesterday I became one of the half a million people to visit the Christmas Market held annually at Winchester Cathedral. I then queued for one and a half hours to make sure I got a seat in the Cathedral for the Service of Carols and Lessons. Despite being the longest nave in any cathedral in Europe it still only seats just over 2000 people with a few hundred more standing so not everybody gets in! I go every year despite it now involving five hours driving there and back!

May I wish each and every one of you happiness and joy over the festive season.


Click on pics to enlarge









5 comments:

  1. What an experience that must be. Have a very Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, I'm already looking forward to next year! Merry Christmas Denise

      Delete
  2. Oh, that sounds like such a wonderful Christmas tradition, if i lived there i would want to make sure i got to go, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Keith - that's a great tradition you've kept up - Cathedrals give us a special place ... I'm not sure I've ever been to Winchester ... but know I should .. so it's on my list when I return. Have a lovely Christmas and festive time ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete