Saturday, May 20, 2017

.

Post 1533. Sunday May 21

The Sunday Whirl




I'm laying on soft green grass on a hillside, bathing in the warmth of a smiling shining sun. I point and trace a line in the sky above me. White on blue. Bold and billowing, then flimsy and scattered. There’s another, and another. Three white lines running this way and that. 

There are people up there. Hundreds of people. I wonder where they are going, where they've been. I wonder what they are doing. Watching movies perhaps. Some drinking, some eating, laughing; wide awake, excited by a trip of a lifetime. Some tired, weary. Deals done, business dealt with. Dozing, sleeping, dreaming of home.

‘Come fly with me’ I sing. Not very well. I write a message with my finger. ‘Hey, it’s me down here. Wave to me!’ I want my finger to leave a white trail of words, but it doesn’t. Oh well.

I'm burning. Where's my sun tan lotion?



Today's given words at The SundayWhirl are - flimsy, shine, trace, line, run, stilted, tire, three, trips, message, wonder and sing. I used all but one.

.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice and dreamy. This sounds like my thought processes. ~grin~ Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keith - we're in that time of year when the clouds flit over or the trails from the planes ... but too long out and about and our poor English skin burns away ... well at last we need sun lotion ... cheers and enjoy your week ahead - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Hilary! Thanks so much Hilary.

      Delete
  3. Flying is downright scary..if you start to think of the mechanics of tin in the sky it's way too scary.. maybe being on the ground looking up is far better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love flying - can't get enough of it! Cheers Jae

      Delete
  4. What a great story from those words Keith. Always preferred a voyage by liner on the briny but that just shows my age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flying scares me, i'd be up there in a panic. It is nice to dream of other places, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too? It's great up there! And it gets to those far away places several times a year. Try it!

      Delete