Sunday, March 19, 2017

.


Post 1481. Sunday March 19

Sunday Photo Fiction.

I should be content. Happy.  After all, I have it all. But I didn’t choose this life, it chose me. Lured me, tempted me. I am envied by many, resented by some. After all, why me? What did I ever do to disserve all this? A wealthy beau, this mansion. Opulence, extravagance.

Decadence, vulgarity.

I often stand here. I watch the life I left played out below me. The hustle and bustle, Chatter and laughter. Nods winks and cheeky grins.

He touches my arm. I shudder. Come away he says. He sees the longing in my eyes, senses the envy I feel as I gaze downward. I shouldn’t blame him. After all, I allowed him to him sweep me off my feet. Tempt me. Take me away. Isolate me.

They begged me not to go. They warned me, told me I belonged with them. Not him. Anybody but him they said. I laughed. Mocked them. Accused them of jealousy. They disowned me, cast me aside. If only I had heeded their warnings. Why did I not see what they saw?

I miss you Mummy. Please forgive me.





A story inspired by the picture at Sunday Photo Fiction


18 comments:

  1. Dramatic stuff Keith. I guess the grass is always greener and the simpler life would appeal to her now, where as before she couldn't see what she had. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. Poor girl. Normally when a woman is swept off her feet, she lands on her butt. Maybe she can go back to mummy at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can't be much fun being the trophy wife of a powerful man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear not, especially if you've been raised in a simpler place

      Delete
  4. The first thing I thought of was the song "Lyin' Eyes" recorded by The Eagles in 1975.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to have it all.

    Regretfully yours...

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your tale, Keith :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous take on the image. I'm thinking of the Eagles song "Lying Eyes" now. She acted wretchedly in those lyrics, though, not contrite like this poor woman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, things are not always as wonderful as they first appear to be, and this is true of relationships as well. If anyone tries to isolate you from friends and family... RUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful portrayal of life's stark realities. Well written, Keith.

    ReplyDelete