Friday, October 16, 2015

It's raining, it's pouring......


Ninety or so words that came to mind when I saw Rochelle Wisoff-Fields' photo.

I apologise in advance if you get stuck with a certain nursery rhyme song going round and round in your head!





He looked from his window. It was raining outside. Pouring.  ‘I’ll have an early night’ thought the old man as he downed the last of his whisky.

He tripped as he walked across the room and fell, banging his head on the side-table. ‘Ouch’ he said as he rubbed the growing bump on his forehead.

He climbed beneath the sheets and was contentedly snoring in seconds. However, a few minutes later the only sound was the rain hammering on the windowpane.

Seven hours later, his alarm rang. He couldn’t get up that morning.




.


.

7 comments:

  1. How sad. The bump on his head killed him. Guess he won't be getting drunk anymore. Great story Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Keith,

    Now I'm singing the song. BTW only one 's' in Wisoff. ;) Cute story

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't stopped singing it all day - so irritating! Sorry about the surplus of S's! Duly corrected.

      Delete
  3. That's a thought! I think I'll stick with my whisky though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang! Now I'm singing the song! And the sun is shining brightly...

    ReplyDelete