Saturday, August 01, 2015

There should be a warning on the packet!

Some memories sprang mind when I saw the prompt at Sunday Scribblings 2! The given word is Seeds


I remember as a child being fascinated by the hair growing from my grandfather’s ears and nose. He told me he’d eaten bread with sesame seeds on the crust and they had sprouted inside his head. 

I thought about it for a while and came to the conclusion that the Cookie Monster was hairy because he ate cookies sprinkled with seeds grown in Sesame Street!

Since then I’ve had an irrational aversion to sesame seeds and avoid anything containing them. Well, you can’t be too careful, can you?



.

3 comments:

  1. I suppose the value of being kidded when a child is that you are prepared for the jokers and tricky people that are in this world. Every old wives tale, every boo in the night or other shocking prank is not only funny but a valuable aid in our growing up. Still, if it wasn't for sesame seeds I might not have hairs in my ears but there is nothing I can do about that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat your crusts and you will get curly hair was our 'threat'....working on that logic Alice must be sweet as the sugar lumps she chews - mustn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the chuckle. I love sesame seeds on bread or bagels. Yum...

    ReplyDelete