Saturday, August 01, 2009

Brighton Pride 2009

.
.



.
The seaside city of Brighton is famous for its pebble beach, its magnificent pier and the opulent Royal Pavilion. But spend a few hours walking around in no time at all it will become apparent that Brighton is home to Britains gay community.
It’s no coincidence therefore that the biggest, gaudiest and most lavish celebration of everything gay is held here every August. Brighton Pride.
I’ve lived near Brighton for most of my life yet this particular event is one I’ve never before attended. But today I did. And boy, what a fantastic spectacle it was.
On this occasion I think my pictures are worth a thousand words so I’ll say no more and let you take a look at a few of the sights I saw!
Don't forget, you can click on the pictures to enlarge them!
.
. .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. To see these pictures and more in higher definition and larger click HERE!


6 comments:

  1. Sorry,Keith. I find it revolting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith, I'm a straight 65 y.o. female and I love the photos!
    Greta in NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colourful and creative costumes. I went to a travestites show ones in Brussel. It was a great show

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the photos. They're fun and outrageous, which is part of the point in the celebration. I don't think it's cause for people to feel such revolt. A lot of it is street theater. I just wish that there were some depictions of people who perhaps represent gays in a more mainstream ways. Groups have stereotypes and I think these photos play up to that. For me, in a crazy, fun way.

    I guess I just like zaniness in general; gay, straight or otherwise!

    Fantastic set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was there and these pics capture the real spirit of the day - vibrant and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they're wonderful. Much more festive than the pride parades I've seen here.

    (Psst. Some of those people are NEKKID! Shh. Don't tell.)

    I'm still trying to figure out how that guy was driving with those wheels on his feet.

    ReplyDelete