Thursday, March 08, 2007

FAQ - why do I blog?

Someone asked me today why I Blog. Wasn’t it simply a form of attention seeking? Isn’t it just a little sad?


I was a tad lost for words at the time, but now I’ve had time to stand back and think about it.


This is what I think.


My Blog is my constant friend. I can tell my Blog anything I like and it never answers back. I write whatever I want and it never refuses to publish my articles with excuses such as ‘too specific’ - sorry about the dig Helium!


Ok, so true friends don’t give away your secrets and my Blog makes every effort to shout my business from the rooftops!


But I don’t mind. Using my Blog I find myself able to say things I wouldn’t necessarily say in a face-to-face situation and that’s probably a good thing!


It’s part autobiography, a bit of a travel diary and a little social comment. I’ve been able to litter the sight with photos where necessary and all in all I’m chuffed to bits with it.


I have a link to Helium on my site and a link to my Blog on Helium. All in all a very profitable arrangement as far as readership is concerned.


At first I assumed only family and friends were looking at it, but when I signed up to Icerocket Blogtracker I discovered I have readers not just from the UK, but from China, India, Canada, Sweden, Holland and of course the USA.


So that’s what it is and that’s why I do it.


Mind you, he may just have had a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment