Tuesday, December 19, 2017

.

Post 1653. Tuesday, December 19




Dinah dragged a brush through her hair, sucked in her tummy and smiled.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the....”

Crash! It fell down and smashed to bits. So she went to the one in the bathroom.

“Mirror mirror on the wall who’s the .......”

It suddenly steamed up.

“I get it” she said. “You mirrors don’t have the heart to show me what you see, so from tomorrow... no, the day after tomorrow I’ll eat fruit instead of a chocolate,  a spoon less sugar to help my medicine go down and stop snacking in front of the telly. That way I’ll shed all this weight and I will be the fairest of them all.”

It didn’t last long though. So she got herself a new bedroom mirror. It was one of those funny ones you see in the in a Hall of Mirrors at the fun fair that make you look skinny when you're not! Dinah liked what she saw. It behaved itself, stayed put and made her look...well, pretty good actually!



Word count 174


Thanks to Priceless Joy for hosting and Yinglan for the picture.

16 comments:

  1. Wonder if the T-Rex suffered from anorexia nervosa. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall be avoiding mirrors until the festive period is over and I have done a little bit of exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. I really really liked this take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, she has found a mirror that tells her what she wants to hear -- or actually, see! Great story, Keith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do with one of those myself! Cheers PJ

      Delete
  5. She can food the mirror, but not the scale or the dress size. But i do understand, it's so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please request her to order one for me too? I'll transfer the money through PayPal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life's short. Eat dessert first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one Keith, if only such things worked...Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Season's greetings to you and yours Michael.

      Delete