Thursday, October 05, 2017

.

Post 1612. Thursday October 5

‘It gone mistaire, it gone’ he shouted so I asked him what had gone and he said ‘Carrot... fluid.’

I asked if he’d lost his carrot juice and he said ‘No mistaire. Cadge it open, carrot fluid away’.

My befuddled expression told him he was failing to communicate so he had a go at role play by flapping his arms and squawking ‘bastante polly, bastante polly!’

My limited knowledge of Italian told me that bastante meant pretty, and polly meant..well, polly - pretty polly, so his carrot was a parrot, the cadge was a cage and the bird fluid… I mean flew away!

He suddenly pointed skyward so I diverted my gaze in the direction of his digit to see a parrot rapidly descending but unfortunately, it chose that moment to excrete some poop which splattered on my cheek.

‘Bastante Polly’ it shrieked; bastante wasn’t the B word I was thinking!




The cue at this week's Six Sentence Stories is Fluid

.

20 comments:

  1. Heeheehee! Now that's a use of "fluid" i never would have seen coming. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure where it came from myself mimi!

      Delete
  2. Very funny, good job nice use of the 6Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun play on the cue word! Bastante bird anyway. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol... 'cellent (to divert into Analyziland for a fun second: nice with the creation of urgency and tension... once we buy into the characters, we're wanting them to understand and, since we're identifying with them (the character) we try to figure it out ourselfs... like that would actually help. Which, is, of course, a crucial element in successful mystery novels, wherein the reader becomes a participant, albeit at a distance.)
    ....er good Six, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your insightful comment Mr Clark sir. You've given my bit of nonsence a whole new depth! Cheers!

      Delete
  5. Definitely took us in an unexpected direction with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. You have a great talent with words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I washed throw rugs this morning and put them out on the deck chairs to dry - upside down - just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK. Second time around for comment. Let's try this again :)
    This was very engaging and made me laugh!
    Good 6!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for persevering and I'm delighted to have provided you with a chuckle!!

      Delete
  9. I found this week's word a bit challenging. But your imagination flew! A funny and original take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had me thinking for quite a while too! Thanksso much for your comment.

      Delete