Wednesday, October 11, 2017

.

Post 1615. Thursday October 12



She lives alone in a little wooden shack nestled deep in the middle of the forest, isolated from the frenzied existence of townsfolk and at one with nature and the creatures of the undergrowth.

In this place, everything she needs and all she desires surrounds her, and she covets the silence; no need to speak for there's no one to hear.

One misty moist morn she stands in her doorway, entranced by droplets of dew sparkling on slender blades of grass and dancing upon quivering cobwebs.  

Her eyes are drawn to a hazy apparition rippling midst the aged oaks; a spirit perhaps for spirits are said to dwell among these trees.

Mesmerised, she drifts outside, barefoot, head held high, arms outstretched then glances over her shoulder before fading away into the hoary miasma.

The end, a new beginning, who knows?




This week's cue at Six Sentence Stories is Spirit

.

21 comments:

  1. Long before I had children I thought it would be cool to live in the wide open country out west. Then my sons became teenagers and I thought it sounded like an even better idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While i'm not so sure i'd want to meet that end, i do covet some peace and quiet right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great 6 Kieth!!! Entrancing. I could really see it! Thanks for sticking with the SsS!!! Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you. SSS is my favourite challenge of the week, and I do quite a few! Thanks Ivy

      Delete
  4. Oh, what a lovely way to go. I hope. lol I could feel the peace and contentment in her woodsy little hideaway, the spirit of nature all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll vote "beginning." :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are on the winning side! Cheers Kristi.

      Delete
  6. nice mood creationing! your use of rhythm takes (somewhat) common terms and lets the reader choose to witness (in our respective imaginations) a wide variety of outcomes.
    ...cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly the reaction I hoped to acheive. Thanks so much Clark.

      Delete
  7. I love this - "no need to speak for there's no one to hear." I have often found myself thinking that when wrapped up in the solitude of my days. I work from home, so...I get that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too which is probably why it came to me! Thanks Lisa.

      Delete
  8. Cool. I like this very much. But I had expected something funny, and thought of you with the little laugh challenge at Carrot Ranch. You might check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for mentioning Carrot Ranch. I've just had a look and will probably be posting something there tomorrow.

      Delete
  9. Solitary silence I looooove, great atmosphere here

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is conversion of state ... neither the end nor beginning.

    ReplyDelete