Thursday, September 14, 2017

.

Post 1602. Thursday September 14

Six Sentence Stories


She wandered barefoot in the meadow, the soft grass caressing her feet.

‘Reach for the sky and cast aside the clouds’ an unseen voice murmured as all around, butterflies danced, birds whistled sweet melodies, and a waterfall splashed a thousand sparkling crystals into the air.

‘Reach high, reach far, and you shall touch paradise’ the unseen voice whispered whilst the sun's’ warm rays kissed her palms.

Her heart was filled with blissful hope as she reached higher and higher, walking on tippy-toes, hands held open in eager anticipation.

'Take care where you tread' said the unseen voice, then she tripped on a rock, fell and broke her arm.

‘Whoopsie’ the unseen voice chuckled, 'I did warn you!'




The cue at Six Sentence Stories is Cast.

17 comments:

  1. My daughter has surgery today on her broken arm...I couldn't make myself write in that direction . It is good that this word has different. Meanings !! Good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! If I'd known I wouldn't have made light of it!!! I wish her well. Cheers Paul

      Delete
  2. Thus i keep my shoes on when i am outdoors with rare exceptions. Hope she heals up fast and goes back out there to dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certain she will, but taking more care next time!

      Delete
  3. my rare stone casting was knocked of the shelf by my quick brown dog and shattered into a million pieces like a box of Quaker Puffed Rice diving to the kitchen floor!*

    *Hey Paul... trust this sideways comment finds you and the family in good spirits and on the mend**
    ** Keith, dude, see whatcha gone and made me do?***
    *** I think I'll just roam the halls of this virtual school building, like the last day of calls (despite that it's September) and interrupt all the good work everyone has been doing at the Six

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say? How to respond? I give up. Cheers Clark.

      Delete
    2. just having an anarchy-flash... to be youthful again. although shiftnshake does offer high praise (in a comment at the Doctrine). I credit my own Six today to coming here and over to her post before writing anything. It totally restored my somewhat-recently-absent-sense-of-fun of blogging.

      Delete
  4. Story of my life! lol Very fun six!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even when reaching for the stars, it's best to watch where we're going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Keith. I was here earlier but had a glitch. I enjoyed your story with its twist at the end. Talk about reaching for the stars. Looks like we have ended up as characters in another's six sentence story. I guess we inspire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we have. I'll take that as a compliment!

      Delete
  7. Her arm in a Plaster of Paris cast, she received a cakll from the casting director ... Cast all your other tasks aside, and head for the audition ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Better 'armless than legless when auditioning!

      Delete
  8. Give the poor girl a break, will ya! Oh wait! You just did! ;)

    ReplyDelete