Saturday, September 02, 2017

.

Post 1594. Saturday September 2

Saturday Mix - Double Take


Homophones are words having the same pronunciation but different meanings. Today we have been asked to incorporate we/wee and knew/new into our pieces.



I told John about a new pub in the next village and he said he already knew. That’s typical of John. No matter what you tell him, even if you thought it was a closely guarded secret, you can guarantee he already knew about it. He even knows about things before they happen.

I like to place a bet on the Grand National and invariably lose, so I thought I’d ask John if he knew which horse would triumph this year. He confidently gave me a tip so I placed twenty quid on number six, and guess what? It won at twenty to one!

I celebrated my good fortune by taking John to the new pub where we both enjoyed a wee dram or two! I told him how clever he was. He said 'I know'. 

1 comment: