Saturday, July 01, 2017

.

Post 1559. Saturday July 1

Sunday's Whirligig



What a dull job. Boring boring boring. I sit in a soulless office performing mind-numbing chores like filing bits of paper in grey boxes. My colleagues think I’m miserable. I seldom smile. Or do I? Little do they know that come nightfall I swap clerking for twerking!

How do I look? Lipstick not too bright?  And how do you like my bouffant? Another wisp of hairspray I think so it doesn’t collapse. Nothing worse! Right, off with the smock and slippers and on with my slinky dress and my highest heels. I wonder what my work mates would say if they saw me now? With a swing of my hips I’m on my way!

And here we are, my favourite club. The noise, the lights, the people…, wow! Oh look, there’s handsome Rob from work chatting up Sally from accounts. They called me dreary the other day. I wonder what they’ll make of me now. Move over girl, I’m on my way!

Actually, I need to walk to the loo first. I must remember to go to the ladies room, not the men’s!


The given words at this week's Whirligig are - clerking, willing, smock, walk, hairspray, boxes, hips, wonders, lipsticks, chores, wisp and seldom.


8 comments:

  1. Half way through this I wondered if the speaker was a man. Can't believe my instinct was right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and by the way, this isn't autobiographical! Cheers Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I like it. Maybe *he* can use my tip for putting on close fitting bracelets. ~grin~ Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Dual personality.
    But, I wonder how many in my work place have personalities like this ;-)

    Click Here to see what Mrs. Dash Says

    ReplyDelete