Tuesday, May 16, 2017

.

Post 1530. Tuesday May 16






My window was covered with ice this morning. I scraped some off and peered outside. Everything in my little garden was frozen stiff.  The sky was very grey. The weatherman on the radio said it was going to snow later.  Excellent!

I put on lots and lots of clothes, I polished the bottom of a tea tray, I strapped tennis rackets to my feet, I put a tea cosy on my head, I stuck my hands in some oven gloves, I got a couple of bamboo canes from the shed  and I climbed to the top of a hill.  Then I stood on my tea tray and waited for it to snow. And I waited...and waited…and waited...

...and it started to rain.



This week's photo prompt is provided by loniangraphics. Thank you. 













.


.

28 comments:

  1. Ho hum, it only snows when you're not watching *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, this sums up all the problems with the romantic vision of a winter wonderland. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actuality is always such a let down! Thanks Iain.

      Delete
  3. Ho hum, the eternal wait when you want it desperately. Lovely writing Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keith - snow in April is ok, but May ... no ways! But equally we could do with the rain ... but a fun read and the thought of waiting at the top of the hill ... like Jill with a bucket or pail of water ... for it to snow - November maybe ... now I sincerely hope not!! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing surprises me with the weather these days Hilary!

      Delete
  5. Typical weather reporting. ~grin~ Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely story! How brilliantly you incorporate humour into your stories ! Totally inimitable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! A good one! The weatherman gets it wrong again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes i think the weather reporters have a warped sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting the visual. In my next life I am going to be a weatherman/lady. How else can you make a living being perpetually wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ready to ski. Nice fun take.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the whimsy of this story! I could envision this entire scene.
    The Snow
    Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed his joyous preparation

    ReplyDelete