Thursday, January 05, 2017

.

Post 1417  Thursday January 5



My Daddy's a miller. He takes bundles of long grass into his windmill and makes it into it into flour and Mummy turns it into bread and buns. I can’t go inside, not until I’m older because Daddy says it’s dangerous. I love watching the sails going round and round. I wave and they wave back.

If I tell you something, promise not to laugh like my horrid brother does. Promise? Well, fairies live in Daddy's windmill. I know because sometimes I see them riding on the sails. Round and round they go, covered in flour and sometimes it makes them sneeze.

I smell cake. Coming?




A big thank you to Rochelle for hosting Friday Fictioneers and to Sandra Crook for the picture.


22 comments:

  1. A delightful view of life and magic through the eyes of a child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The innocence of children, where everything is made good by cake! Nice voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Keith,

    You've captured the child's voice. Nicely done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Sandra. Thanks for the photo.

      Delete
  5. How a child's fantasy can be all too true in their beliefs! Great imagination Keith!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason the image of sneezing fairies made this story extra sweet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sweet! Love the child's view...

    ReplyDelete
  8. great story here. could be expanded into a book for children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a wonderful way of showing the child's point of view. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something theraputic about trying to see things through a child's eyes. Thanks Darla

      Delete