Saturday, January 07, 2017

.

Post1419  Saturday January 7



The given words at this week’s The Sunday Whirl are - reap, single, cheat, feeble, lean, siren, preen, leap, flee, seal, truth and climb.



‘You shall reap as you sow’ I said to my friend Rosey.

‘I what?' she asked ‘How can I reap the rip I’m repairing in my shirt?’

‘Not sew as in needle and cotton silly, sow as...’

Her sudden fit of giggles told me she was attempting a joke. You’d think I’d know when she’s joking by now wouldn't you? But as her one-liners are often a bit feeble I’m never quite sure and I have to tread carefully. Truth is, I once thought she was joking when she said something about a friend dying, only to discover he'd been run down by the number 126 bus.

The reason I’m telling you this is because we were playing cards at her flat and Rosey cheated. A pretty feeble cheat I have to say but cheat it was. I won’t bore you with the details but basically, she kept disguising two cards as a single one and also attempting to peep inside the envelope which held a mystery card along with the sought-after winner’s prize, a Terry's All Gold Chocolate. (What an exciting life you lead I hear you say!)

Anyway, it was all academic because just at that moment a  siren went off in the street scaring Fuzzeybutt (pussycat 1) who stopped preening herself and leapt onto the table scattering the cards all over Scruff (pussycat 2) who climbed to her feet and fled the scene.

I wonder where the chocolate went? My lips are sealed!



To find out all about My Friend Rosey and read 74 more tales about her, click HERE!






.
. 

15 comments:

  1. Ha ha - well done for weaving those words into a story, Keith!

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were certainly a challenging bunch this week! Thanks Susan

      Delete
  2. Hi Keith - yes the twist with words is so easy to miss, or to muddle up ... and jumping on the table to clear the cards makes sense ... while the chocolate - I expect that's long gone ... and I hope you enjoyed it! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you Rosey - a bit of mutual cheating and chocolate stealing sounds like a pretty exciting life to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The theft of chocolate should be expected, who can or would resist? Fine use of the words,

      Elizabeth

      Delete
  4. Sounds like Rosey might not have been the only cheat in this game! Nice of the cats to run intererence to distract her for you! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a set up just to get her hands on the chockie!

      Delete
  5. There are a few card games where it is legitimate to cheat that my Grandkids like playing. One named "Cheat" is a favorite but sadly no chocolate is involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they cheat whilst playing Cheat you are in trouble!

      Delete
  6. Delightful! Say hello to Rose for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant Rosie. My eyes are still watering after that last read. ~grin~

      Delete
  7. Obvious cheating doesn't really serve its purpose, Keith... although it can be fun if it is so obvious! :D

    ReplyDelete