Thursday, August 13, 2015

Spooky!

It's Six Word Saturday again!


My car broke down on Wednesday

- shortly after I wrote this vignette!



Broken down again. Mellissa sat on the grass bank, her journey brought to a sudden halt. ‘It’s time I got a new one’ she said to herself.

‘How about this?’ asked the slick salesman? ‘Or this one? Just look at it’

 Melissa was not taken by either of them.

‘This might suit you’ he enthused. Melissa actually quite liked it.

‘How much?’ she enquired.

‘Eleven’ he said.

‘Nine’ she replied.

‘Ten’ he said thrusting out his hand.

'Deal' she replied.

Carbon fibre bristles, an ebony handle, vertical takeoff, and zero to a hundred in a few seconds. Melissa was the envy of her fellow witches.


.


16 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I needed the chuckle today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you are still blogging, Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and away she flew! Nice work, Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! But not your car breaking down! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna get me one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And she never again ran out of fuel! I hope your car's fixed before you drive to Deauville.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good! I have a broomstick in the garden shed, sadly I can't work out how to make it fly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. An ebony handle! Travelling in style, Keith :)

    ReplyDelete