Thursday, August 02, 2012

Glorious Goodwood 2012

If you've been rambling with me over the past few years you'll know that I make an annual pilgrimage to the races on the opening day of Glorious Goodwood!

Goodwood Racecourse with its 360 degree panoramic views across the Sussex countryside is considered to be the world's most beautiful racing venue and this particular meeting is one of the most prestigious events in the racing calender. I didn't win any money, but I did take a few pictures. Come for a wander around with me!


That looks like a good'n! Time to place a bet.





 Come on number 10!


Oh well, never mind. Let's get a lift to the Gordon's Gin tent.



Now what shall we bet on?
    



Strawberry time!








Smile - you're on TV!


And that's jazz! 


Shall I put a few quid on this one?






Shouldn't have bothered! Time to eat.






Oh well - time to go home....

See you next year!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics. I hadn't realised there was so much to the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been for 55 years or so. It looks so much better now!

    ReplyDelete