Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'll start with a mathematical exercise!



Think of a number, any number. Add 4, then  double it. Get your calculator out and multiply the result by nine. Add the digits of your new number together (ie: if for example  you have 122, go 1+2+2 and you'll get 5) and if you still have more than one digit repeat the exercise until you have a single digit. Multiply the single digit by 100 then deduct 200. Now why did I ask you to do that?


This, my friends, is my 700th post here at Keith's Ramblings.I wanted to mark the occasion with something special, something which would take the blogosphere by storm. But some days you simply can’t think of anything to say or write. Words which normally flutter down from the scribe upstairs get caught in a sudden gust of wind leaving you well and truly and literally be-mused. Whilst this might come of something of a relief to those around you, such verbal and inscriptive constipation can be a bit of a pain in the butt!

I dropped into Sunday Scribblings hoping for a kick-start, but I don’t have much to say about the prompt which proffered itself. ‘Harvest’ makes me think of hay fever and sets me off sneezing. My own weekly challenge at Carry On Tuesday asks its followers to write about something they’ve learned. I learned a fair bit over the years, but do my colleagues and readers really want to know how to pick a peck of pickled pepper, or pour a pint of Porter the way one ‘aughter?

Then I realised it was Wordless Wednesday, the day we all have the chance to stick something visual rather than written onto our blogs! Excellent I thought, but then it occurred to me that I’d already bashed out one hundred and eighty eight words! (One hundred and ninety four now; and rising!) Not just that, in a few minutes it will be Thursday. It does however seem the only way forward so let's see what I can find.

I’ve had a quick trawl through my photos and I've  found one I took a few weeks ago down on the beach. I knew one day I’d find an excuse to use it, so here goes! I present to you ‘Sunset over the English Channel’



 Now, what am I going to write for post number 701?



5 comments:

  1. OK..if I ever get to 700 I probably will run out of words also.
    I suggest you write one of your great fables using the 7th son of the 7th son scenario. Or, you could have 700 ships floundering in 700 fathoms of water in the English Channel.
    Congrats on 700 and I enjoyed your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful sunset?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 700 th post and that was a beautiful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 700 is a great harvest. Strangely enough I had thought of writing about hay fever too but the remembrance of that would have started me sneezing!

    Just a thought, what is the point of being a muse if you are not bemused once in a while?

    Onward to your 1000.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on reaching 700...you look much younger :)

    ReplyDelete