Thursday, December 14, 2017

.

Post 1651. Thursday December 14




“So, here we are at your first classical concert and we have the best seats right in the middle, now remember, no singing along, no cheering, no waving your arms, ok?“


“Don’t think much of this tune” says he.


“It’s not the tune, they are tuning their instruments, they'll start playing soon” say I.


“Why are they still tuning their instruments?” asks he.


“They are not, this is the tune, I give up, we are going” I say.


“Excuse me, sir, excuse me madam, whoops your toes, pardon me please, oh dear, your sweeties, excuse me sir, sorry madam……....”



This week's cue at Six Sentence Stories is Tune


.

17 comments:

  1. I have walked out too! Careful to not step on any toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love the last sentence of them getting out from their seats. Also the repetitiion in reverse of tune and tuning is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some concerts you never want to end, some you wish had never begun. Nice use of the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe he will acquire a taste for classical music and last a little longer the next time 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have season tickets to the symphony and there was one guy who came with his wife and fell asleep - snoring too. Wish she had dragged him out of there. Nice story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My brother did snored during the quiet part of an opera once - I've never been so embarrassed!

      Delete
  6. Fun story, not so fun for those more in tune with the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun read this story of yours, Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading this story- love the fanciful tone- and true to life !

    ReplyDelete