Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers

Posted Tuesday February 23

When I looked at Ellespeth's friend's picture at FFfAW I saw something different! I'm not sure what that says about me!









He suspends a silvery thread from the corner of a window frame. Crouching unseen, he patiently waits for gust of breeze to join it with the other side.

It moves. It settles. It waves. Then floats up and across. Perfect.

Slowly, painstaking, he begins to weave his evil web. Round and round, up and down, round and down. When his task is done he hides out of sight and awaits his unsuspecting prey.

Minutes pass and more minutes still. Then from nowhere an innocent insect flies into the web's sticky centre. Panic stricken, it struggles to break free. Thrashing, spinning. But to no avail.

Dinner is served.










.

9 comments:

  1. Very sneaky, indeed! Just like the spider. :D I love your spin to the prompt. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an imaginative take on the prompt! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative take... You saw something deep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh!!! A very unique take, this is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a unique and innovative take on the prompt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disgusting Keith, never do a story from a spiders point of view yuck. I'll give you creative though

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rather appreciate spiders. :) In our household we consider them a good luck charm of sorts, especially when we spot them while on travels. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant- the scaffold does look like webbing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful twist of a take on the prompt! I would hate to be up there.... I would hate it more is there were spiders!!!

    ReplyDelete