Saturday, August 29, 2009

inspiration

This week’s prompt at Sunday Scribblings presents me with my greatest nightmare –writing poetry! It’s something I’ve struggled with for years. I simply don’t understand it. Having said that, the comments I receive when I write a piece are always encouraging, goodness knows why!


But I plough on and occasionally knock out the odd rhyme or two and I’ve even started a blog where I can put my meagre efforts on public display - it’s called No Rhyme or Reason' by the way!


I’m not going to write a new piece today. Instead I’ve decided to reproduce a piece I wrote especially for a friend a couple of months ago. If you have read it before please accept my apologies for using it again. It is however a piece which means a lot to me and one which I don’t feel I can better.


May I ask one thing of you? Please press the arrow on theYouTube screen before you read it. Thank you.





Words not said
no need
She felt his happiness
he sensed her pain
.
Just a glance
no more
She saw his anguish
he witnessed her joy
.
Two minds joined as one
He was her soul mate
she his inspiration..
.

22 comments:

  1. along with the haunting music Keith.. this was just beautiful!
    No nightmares for you!! YOU are a poet! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't pretend any longer that you are not a poet! Thank you for letting us hear this in your own voice. Have a great weekend - and perhaps be inspired to write more poetry for our enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what's wrong with that may I ask! To be terribly crass and unoriginal
    'You're a poet and you don't know it!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful but my favourite is still the one you wrote about me :)

    *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You spoke volumes in this beautiful poem...just lovely (and the music added even more).

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries here Keith...in the words of the Nike commercial...JUST DO IT!! This is very good...clear in it's purpose and addressed to the friend you cared about. Well done!

    v

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful package Kieth! Moving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a splendid production! I feel as if I should have paid for it, it was so fancy, with music and your to-die-for English accent...mercy! A lovely poem, Keith, read to perfection : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. The reading brought such a nice effect to the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pommy accent Keith. Now I want to hear more about the story behind the poem. O.K.........I know, mind your own business, it is private, he he.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a poet at heart Keith, that is a lovely, touching piece and the recording of you reading it makes it even more so. You have a beautiful voice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. first i must say i LOVE your 'lacrimosa' music in the background!!

    second, loved this. it speaks of silent language so well. i think this is stronger than the verbal language.

    and it's always better with a british audio :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such the poet, you are. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo! That is an amazing poem. The backgound music is perfect - hauntingly sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you bring audio into your blog. It really takes the work up many levels. I played your poem a few times. The music was beautiful and the poem is still resonating with me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. geez what makes you think you can't write poetry !!
    I really loved this one...Can we have more of your poetry pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  17. A neat piece - I missed it the first time around - doubly glad I caught up with it...Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful poem! You definitely have a knack for poetry, even if it is a nightmare for you.

    ReplyDelete