Sunday, December 10, 2017

.

Post 1648. Sunday December 10





‘Look Daddy, the fairies are back! They are dancing round and round’ She often saw them, but all I could see was the little village I made for her at the bottom of the garden. 'They are waving to us Daddy, do you see?'

‘So they are’ I said, waving one hand whilst crossing the fingers of the other! Well, it was only a white lie.

Maria was born poorly. Unable to walk unaided, she would sit in her wheelchair for hours on end singing, laughing, and talking with the fairies. We knew her life would be short, but the end came far sooner than we expected. Just eight short years, but joyous ones nonetheless.

This morning when I opened the curtains I saw a ring of fairies dancing round and round in the little village at the bottom of the garden. They waved to me and I waved back The prettiest of them all was little Maria.


Word count 158


Thank you, Eric Wiklund for providing this week's inspirational photograph.

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and commenting mimi

      Delete
  2. A beautiful sentiment. At least Maria finally got to dance with the fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O this one made me sad but with a smile on my face. May the music never stop for little Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just wonderful Keith. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Keith - we do learn so much as we watch our loved ones pass on ... I'm sure fairies are waiting for the children ... loved the story line here - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is so sad and tragic. At least she is with the fairies, in a far better land. Wonderfully written, Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwe, I feel sad for the parents, but so happy for Maria that now, she would not just be able to walk, but to dance with gleeful abandon, along with her fairy sisters! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was probably always meant to be that way, a fairy in waiting. Thank you Anurag

      Delete
  8. Lovely, story, Keith. She went to join her fairy friends at the bottom of the garden. :) --- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed she did. At least her brief life had a happy ending. Thanks Suzanne

      Delete
  9. Beautiful story from a tragic tale.

    ReplyDelete