Sunday, November 19, 2017

.

Post 1638. Sunday November 19



Little Johnny and his friend Maria were always together. They liked the same things; Mr Men books, glove puppets and spinning around until they were dizzy! Johnny quite liked Maria's dolls, but he didn’t tell his friends, and Maria loved playing with Johnny’s toy cars but she didn’t tell her sister. They weren’t frightened of anything. Johnny once crawled up the slide in the park, and last Christmas Maria even ate a sprout! Yuc!

The other day they played creepy-crawly dare. Johnny dared Maria to pick up a wriggly worm and she did. Maria dared Johnny to prod a grasshopper and he did. She let a caterpillar walk up her arm, and he sat a slimy slug on his nose! Ooh, nasty. Maria told Harry to shut his eyes and hold out his hand. She put a big hairy spider on his palm then told him to open them. Harry took one look, screamed and ran down the garden. He was not so fearless after all!




Word count 166

Thanks to whoever you are for the photo prompt!

11 comments:

  1. Cute story. I bough my grandson a magnifying glass to look at bugs in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence! A couple of years ago I wrote a story about just that and if you're interested it's at Tommy and his Magnifying Glass I hope your grandson enjoys his as much as my little Tommy did!

      Delete
  2. There are always creepy, crawly things we are afraid of. Me, I don't like reptiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I'm scared of my ex! Cheers James.

      Delete
  3. As much as i like spiders even i have my limits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are probably quite nice when you get to know them!

      Delete
  4. Spiders! Ugh! Smart boy to run.

    ReplyDelete