Sunday, October 22, 2017

.

Post 1621. Sunday October 22


As I'm pushed for time today I've taken the unprecedented step of revamping a story I wrote a couple of years ago which received just very few hits!


Just two minutes more and I would have caught that bus. I would have made it to the shop before it closed. I'd have bought some delicious wine, a microwave meal and some yummy chocolate then caught the bus home again. Right now I’d be enjoying my feast whilst watching the six-o-clock news.

As it is I’m drinking tepid skimmed milk and eating a tasteless curled up sandwich whilst watching the eight-o-clock news about someone who was running, tripped, fell in front of a bus and ended up in hospital.

Nurse, a bedpan, please!



Word count 101

The RV1 Hybrid bus from Tower Gateway Station to Covent Garden - I used it recently. I'm yet to float down the Thames on the Duck Tours amphibious bus though! 

30 comments:

  1. The difference between perception and reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Quite a bite in the butt hee heee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the meals are free at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hybrid bus. I was wondering what those tanks on the roof were for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one bit of the bus you don't normally see! Thanks James

      Delete
  5. Lucky for him that the fall wasn't fatal! Great take on the prompt, Keith! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have been worse I guess! Thanks Shweta.

      Delete
  6. Hi Keith - busy bee ... and worth while repeating ... doesn't sound desperately healthy food to improve your health or your temper; very bad bus though! Interesting bus to know about ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that's not my kind of food! Those busses are become more common in London now. Thanks Hilary.

      Delete
  7. Love it. Haste makes waste...or worse - hospital food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s always a gamble, running for a bus. This time, he lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, just wait forthe next one - or walk home! Cheers mimi.

      Delete
  9. Hope the nurse hurries up! Nice one, Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good one Keith. You win some, you lose some. Hope the nurse takes good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww, sorry to hear that, great tale though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being waited on for a few days isn't that bad! Thanks.

      Delete
  12. LOL! Oh my! Great story! For real?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for real I'm pleased to say! Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  13. Great story. I like the contrast of the what-if and the reality.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a difference two minutes makes. The story made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hilarious take! Love the story.

    ReplyDelete