Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday's Whirligig

Posted Sunday June 12

For my Sunday Scribblings 2 tale click HERE

This week's 12 given words are flashes, moments, uneasy, recall, week, writing, altered, distorted, three, sister, years, came. Many thanks to wordsmith Elizabeth Crawford. 



After writing three dollops of flash fiction a week for almost ten long years, I find I’m relying more and more on my trusty muse to set me off. So imagine my horror when she told me was taking a sabbatical. My gast had never been so flabbered!  After a moment’s uneasy silence she informed me that her sister would be deputising for a week or two. What? Her sister? I recall the last time she gave me a hand. My muse had taken a day off as she was suffering a hangover after helping me write a story about alcoholic beverages; she does take her job very seriously and likes to research our subjects thoroughly. Where was I? Oh yes, her sister. Well, it was a disaster. Everything I wrote she altered, facts I used were distorted, and as for swear words!

So what I’m trying to tell you is that if my writing becomes erratic, odd, out of character, weird, vulgar, bad.... please don’t blame me. It will be my missing muse's fault.







.

7 comments:

  1. Very a-MUSE-ing! Curiously I thought that when the wine flows so do the words or does it just seem that way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But of course...it's always their fault!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Your drawing is very cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Everyone blames the muse. Thanks for the humor, I needed that today,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is terrific! And I loved the photos shared in your next post. :) You are multi-talented, my friend.

    ReplyDelete