Friday, January 23, 2015

I'd love to write some poems....

It's Poetry Jam time!


I’d love to write some poems
Poems of my own
Ones which people want to read
So I’ll become well known.

I sit and stare into my screen
The words just fail to flow
I scratch my head and bite my nails
My poem just won’t grow.

The other day a line appeared
inside my fuzzy head.
But could I find some words to rhyme?
I wrote some prose instead.

If they can do it why can’t I?
It’s not for want of trying.
My friends can do it, it’s not fair
 Sometimes I feel like crying.

So let’s have a practice
find some words wot rhyme.
My thinking cap's perched on my head
They are bound to come in time.

Let's think....

Bard, card, lard, yard, jarred?
Plop, hop, drop, cop, mop
Kite, white, fight, might, plight
Stop, crop, lop, bop, flop.

That didn’t help, at least I tried
I don’t know what to do.
But wait a minute something stirred!
A feeling that’s quite new.

Here goes!
.
‘He gazed into her longing eyes
And saw inside her mind.
He gazed at her and realised
that he...he ....he.....’

Oh poo!

I guess I’ll never make the grade
I’ll never be a bard.
Poetry is not my thing
It’s far too bloody hard!

9 comments:

  1. Ha ha...ever heard of free verse ? Of course you make the grade...this was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very clever. I think all struggle some time; and probably the best thing is to really write for oneself - however it comes out in whichever form. And, as for the desire to be known, truly not as important as letting those words flow.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy! Not that writing is hard but in your lament you created a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great write Keith! Not easy to find poems that rhyme these days. Yours did beautifully! The writer's block sure gets to everybody though!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keith, your poem is a fun read but it also describes struggles many of us can identify with. Good job with the rhyming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to read your poem--a poet you are indeed. I am just quite grateful there is free verse where it's not necessary for the words to rhyme. Else I would never have even tried poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha. what a fun response...poetry can be fun...when not given direction by the high brows....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thoroughly enjoyed your style of expressing. A fun perspective, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep some times the words just will not rhyme but there is always next time lol this is a great write it made me laugh

    ReplyDelete