Friday, February 24, 2017

.


Post 1460. Saturday February 25

Sunday Scribblings 2



Ten minutes before midnight. Just moments ‘til her birthday. She stands in darkness atop a hill, a warm wind caressing her face, her hair streaming behind her. Glancing over her shoulder, she watches as another year blows away taking with it broken promises, unhappy memories and shattered dreams.

As angry black clouds scurry from sight a new moon appears spreading a silver carpet of hope at her feet. Her long dark shadow tumbles away into the dark bleak past. 


Suddenly all is calm. She gazes toward the future. Another year approaches, another chance to start her life anew.







For Sunday Scribblings 2 where the given word is Broken.

.

3 comments:

  1. You've created a powerful image here, she faces her past and all that occurred and then lets it be washed away to start again with the new year of her life. I like this lady, I celebrate my birthdays in similar manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's what she wishes but my experience is that the past is much more difficult to discard, I think that is because I am the same me. What is her secret?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me hopeful for myself, especially after my recent birthday.

    ReplyDelete