Saturday, July 04, 2015

The Versatile Blogger Award




Thank you so much DEE DEE for handing me this award. It is really appreciated.
In accepting the award, I have been asked to...

1. Display the badge
2. Thank the person who awarded it to me
3. List seven interesting things about myself
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the award.

I’ve been racking my brain for seven things to tell you about myself that aren’t dull or boring! Not an easy task, but I’ll have a go.

1. I’m restless by nature and find it difficult to relax and do nothing.
2. I’m happiest thousands of miles away exploring other countries and cultures.
3. Three is my favourite number. I’ve had three marriages, three divorces, three children and three grandchildren!
4. My little pocket camera is my constant companion everywhere I go from the local shops to the other side of the globe.
5. I’ve never had a single day off work for illness in 49 years of working (I believe that’s called tempting fate!)
6. I love preparing ethnic banquets for friends when I return from foreign places.
7. I never read a book or wrote anything other than the odd postcard until I was in my late 40’s.

The next bit I find awkward. I’ve been asked to nominate up to 15 bloggers for this award. Now I know that many of the bloggers I’m in touch with would prefer not to involve themselves with this type of posting. I also feel it would be difficult to single out fifteen, so I've picked just five, for no other reason than they are the most prolific contributors to the prompt sites that I follow and the most regular visitors to my site.

Now please do not feel obliged to participate, I promise you I won’t be offended.


I visit and comment on scores of blogs each day and I can honestly say I don’t have any particular favourites, they are all so different, hence my hesitancy in going any further with this part of the meme!

Thanks again DEE DEE!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for thinking of me! I will work on this forthwith, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngrats

    5. I’ve never had a single day off work for illness in 49 years of working (I believe that’s called tempting fate!) :-O really? OMG *Applause and a Standing Ovation*

    ReplyDelete